REOPENING OFFICE ANNOUNCEMENT IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our communities have been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. We are pleased to announce that our office will reopen on June 1, 2020. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our office’s commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice. We follow recommendations and guidelines made by the ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux du Québec and the Ordre des Dentistes du Québec. This allows us to make sure that our infection control procedures are up-to-date and enables us to provide the safest environment for our patients and their family members.
We ask that you please be patient and understand that we will do our best to accommodate your scheduling needs as we know many of you are anxious to get back into our office.
During this time, we have implemented additional safety precautions to help protect our patients and staff.
- Upon scheduling an appointment, a COVID-19 questionnaire will be emailed to you. This questionnaire must be completed before you arrive at the office. We will postpone treatment for any patient who has experienced or been in contact with someone who has experienced the following symptoms within 14 days of the scheduled appointment date: fever, cough, loss of taste and/or smell, flu-like symptoms, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, and fatigue.
- If you are over the age of 65 or have pre-existing health conditions such as diabetes, chronic lung disease or asthma, serious heart conditions, are immunocompromised, or chronic kidney or liver disease, we recommend you do not visit the office at this time.
- We will be scheduling appointments in a manner that promotes social distancing and allows for adequate time for us to disinfect all areas of use in between patient appointments.
- Upon arrival at our office, call us before entering the office to let us know you have arrived. We will call or text you once the office is ready for you to enter.
- We ask that patients enter the office unaccompanied, if possible. For those patients who need a guardian to accompany them, we ask that this be limited to a single family member.
- Every person entering the office is expected to wear a face covering and will be asked to sanitize their hands immediately upon entry.
- Please take your temperature the morning of your appointment. We will confirm no fever with a contactless thermometer upon your arrival.
- Clear plastic screens (sneeze guards) have been installed at the front desk to minimize exposure to airborne pathogens.
- HEPA and UV air purifiers have been installed in the office to improve the air quality in the area for all patients, family members, and staff.
- Our team will be wearing all of the recommended personal protective equipment (PPE).
Thank you for being part of our family dental practice.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbours, and friends.
Dr. Jeffrey Rein and Team
COVID‐19 PANDEMIC ‐ PATIENT DISCLOSURES
This patient disclosure form seeks information from you that we must consider before making treatment decisions in the circumstance of the COVID‐19 virus.
A weak or compromised immune system (including, but not limited to, conditions like diabetes, asthma, COPD, cancer treatment, radiation, chemotherapy, and any prior or current disease or medical condition), can put you at greater risk for contracting COVID‐19. Please disclose to us any condition that compromises your immune system and understand that we may ask you to consider rescheduling treatment after discussing any such conditions with us.
It is also important that you disclose to this office any indication of having been exposed to COVID‐19, or whether you have experienced any signs or symptoms associated with the COVID‐19 virus.